Finding a Lot
Congratulations! You've made the decision to build a new house. Now, you must decide where you want to live and purchase the perfect building lot. Aside from the obvious considerations like location, schools, proximity to work and shopping, there are some additional criterias you'll want to take into consideration such as:
- Is the property served by public utilities?
- Is there an architectural review committee that will need to approve your house plans?
- What are the neighborhood restrictions, building set-backs, and future development plans for the area?
- Will access be a problem during construction or bad weather?
- Have you seen the property during a heavy rain?
Be sure that you take the time to consider all of the related aspects of the property you're considering. We strongly advise the use of a licensed Real Estate Agent to assist you in this process.